Dry Shampoo from the Herbal Essences Naked Line

Feb 21, 2014

I have dark hair, and finding a dry shampoo that doesn't make me look like I've suddenly aged before my time is a feat in itself, not to mention finding one that doesn't leave my hair sticky with a ton of product. Anyone else have that issue?

Buy it here: Target / Amazon

Dry shampoo can be used on second day hair to absorb excess oil, or it can be used on clean hair to add a little 'grit' if you're trying to style it. I've tried multiple brands - high end and drugstore - and unfortunately wasn't totally happy with anything until I saw this shiny new product in the store. Gets me every time...marketing at its best. It's part of the new Naked Volume line by Herbal Essences, meaning it has no parabens or dyes. I feel like that makes it a little less harsh on my color-treated hair.

Several dry shampoo products tend to have an overpowering scent that lasts all day, but this has a hint of citrus and mint that is so refreshing, and I don't notice the smell lingering. It uses natural ingredients, such as tapioca, to absorb oil and refresh. The biggest plus for me is that my hair maintains it's natural color! It sprays on clear, then as the mist dries it turns white (but only slightly, not baby powder kind of white). After it sits on my roots for a few minutes I massage it in, kind of like I was washing my hair, and work the product into my roots even further. Once the white has disappeared I run a brush through my hair to smooth it out. Done!

I will say, as a disclaimer, that everyone is different. I truly believe it is trial and error for finding the right product that makes you happy. I do think that this is a pretty good price point, so it's worth trying in my opinion.

Update:
March 7, 2014
Well, this is disappointing, and a little baffling, to say...I tried to use this the other day and it's as if the product just went flat. I kept shaking the bottle, shaking, shook some more, and shook it again. Nothing. It barely sprayed out the nozzle, and when it did, it was this clear thin liquid. Whatever is supposed to happen when it gets a shake or two didn't happen, obviously. It was great while it lasted. Sad day.

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If you are not redirected in a few seconds, please visit
http://www.hellocreativeblog.com
and update your bookmarks.