Chocolate Anyone?

Apr 21, 2014

It might sound strange, but I'm not really a cake person. Don't get me wrong, I like cake and all, but ice cream is my preference. I'd even go so far as to say that I prefer yellow/white cake over chocolate 8 times out of 10. Knowing that, let me tell you, this cake is delicious. It's a basic chocolate cake mix (yep, from the box), but it has a semi-sweet chocolate fudge drizzle. If that wasn't enough...it has little semi-sweet chocolate chips sprinkled over the top. The fudge. Oh my. It's definitely lick-the-bowl-good.


The best part? It's SO easy to make. If you don't have a bundt pan you could do two layers with yummy fudge in between and on top!

A similar version of this recipe was originally seen in a magazine...but I can't remember which one. Since then I've seen it in various places on the internet (like Christina's blog, which must be fate because I've lost the made-from-scratch cake part of the recipe).

Chocolate Chip Fudge Cake
sweetandsimplelifeblog.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 package of chocolate cake mix (moist)
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup light corn syrup
  • 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Directions:

Prepare cake mix according to box directions. Place mix into a greased bundt pan. Bake until batter is pulling away from pan (approximately 45 minutes). Heat cream, corn syrup, and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and set aside until slightly thickened (approximately 30 minutes). 

Place the cake on a platter or cake stand. Drizzle chocolate glaze over the cake and let set for at least 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the cake if desired.

My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If you are not redirected in a few seconds, please visit
http://www.hellocreativeblog.com
and update your bookmarks.